For the Member Online Discussion Group: MY.SCAI.ORG
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Foundation (“SCAI”)
Welcome to the SCAI Member Online Discussion Community, named MY.SCAI.ORG.
Access. You will be granted access to MY.SCAI.ORG after you have accepted these Terms. You agree to provide information that is accurate, true, and complete and agree to notify SCAI of any changes in your contact information, including updating your contact information in the portal found on the site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your Web ID and password. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, notify SCAI immediately at websupport@SCAI.com.
Validation of Content
As with other areas of SCAI professional education activities, in MY.SCAI.ORG you are expected to validate the content you post, such that any recommendations you make involving clinical care or clinical medicine be based on evidence accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contradictions in the care of patients; and that all scientific research referred to or reported in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
Restrictions on Content. You are responsible for conducting your Community-related activities in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, you agree to act with a professional demeanor. Please do not post when you do not know the answer. This will help avoid postings containing incorrect or misleading answers.
In addition to the following rules, you specifically agree that your posts will not:
- Contain profanity; racist, sexist, or homophobic comments; harass or stalk any person; or contain defamatory statements or personal attacks on others;
- Disrupt other users’ enjoyment of MY.SCAI.ORG;
- Be made under another person’s name or impersonate anyone;
- Contain personal details or private information about any other person or any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy, or personal rights of others;
- Breach any intellectual property rights law (including posting material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner or using any words, logos, or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners);
- Contain any advertisements or promotions for any products or services of you or another party;
- Be considered spamming or contain chain letters or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including the solicitation of lawsuits; or
- Violate U.S. export laws or encourage illegal activity of any kind.
MY.SCAI.ORG is not intended to be a place for the exchange of any information or data that would be regulated by the federal Health Insurance and Portability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and its implementing regulations. Do not post any Protected Health Information, as that term is defined in HIPAA, to MY.SCAI.ORG. SCAI shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of Protected Health Information in violation of HIPAA through MY.SCAI.ORG, including, but not limited to, the transmission of Protected Health Information to an unintended recipient.
User Posts. You are only permitted to post material that you have the right to post. By posting anything, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have permission from the copyright owner. In addition, when you post information or material, you grant SCAI and the users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Once you have made a posting, you cannot withdraw or retract the license and consents. By posting on MY.SCAI.ORG, you acknowledge that the material is not confidential and agree that other users of MY.SCAI.ORG may copy, use, transmit, modify, distribute, and display the content you post.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Monitoring and Enforcement. SCAI does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, SCAI reserves the right to monitor, verify, or edit any and all content transmitted or received through MY.SCAI.ORG. In the event that any inappropriate posting is detected by brought to the attention of SCAI, we will take all appropriate action. SCAI, in its sole discretion and without further notice to you, may review, censor, or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that SCAI deems inappropriate or that SCAI determines violates the Terms. SCAI has the sole discretion to enforce the Terms.
Content. MY.SCAI.ORG is provided for the purposes of discussing matters and posting materials related solely to cardiovascular practice and the cardiovascular profession and for no other purpose. The content posted on MY.SCAI.ORG may contain links to third-party websites or refer to third-party products. SCAI does not have control over such websites or products, and SCAI is not responsible for the availability or content of such websites. SCAI does not endorse, sponsor, or approve and is not responsible for such websites and such products. SCAI shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of reliance on such websites or products.
Termination. SCAI reserves the right to terminate MY.SCAI.ORG or to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the Terms.
Limitations. You acknowledge that the information provided through MY.SCAI.ORG is composed of content from sources which are beyond the control of SCAI. SCAI shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies, or delays in content or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon.
You assume all responsibility (and hereby hold SCAI harmless) for detecting and eradicating any virus or program with a similar function on your computer equipment, by whatever means you deem most appropriate for your needs. You acknowledge that MY.SCAI.ORG is provided to you on an "As Is, With All Faults" basis. SCAI expressly disclaims any and all warranties, whether express, oral, implied, statutory, or otherwise, including any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, any implied warranty of merchantability, any warranties arising by virtue of custom of trade or course of dealing, and any implied warranties of title or noninfringement, some states do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. SCAI shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss, damage, liability, costs, or expense suffered or incurred in connection with the use of or participation in the forum or its content nor for any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of or inability to use MY.SCAI.ORG for any purpose whatsoever, even if SCAI has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The provisions contained in this liability section shall survive termination of the agreement.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SCAI, its affiliates and its licensors (including their officers, directors, members, managers, partners, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, or subcontractors) for and against any and all claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to this agreement arising from or related to your access to, use of, and reliance upon MY.SCAI.ORG, including the information obtained through MY.SCAI.ORG.
Copyright. The content within MY.SCAI.ORG is protected by copyright and other laws in both the United States and elsewhere. The content includes both content owned and controlled by SCAI and content of third parties. You have permission to view and download a single copy of the content of MY.SCAI.ORG for as long as you comply with the Terms or until SCAI terminates this agreement or your access rights. All rights not granted to you herein are expressly reserved by SCAI.
Changes. SCAI reserves the right to make changes or modifications to MY.SCAI.ORG and the Terms. Display of notice of changes on MY.SCAI.ORG shall constitute effective notice on the day SCAI places the changes, and your continued use of MY.SCAI.ORG thereafter shall constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, which shall be the forum for any claims.
RULES OF CONDUCT
for the SCAI Member Online Discussion Group
SCAI Community Rules of Conduct
MY.SCAI.ORG is provided as a privilege of membership in the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Foundation (SCAI). The purpose of MY.SCAI.ORG is to encourage and promote communication about medical issues and collegial interaction among SCAI members. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established this Rules of Conduct for participation in MY.SCAI.ORG.
Please note that by participating in MY.SCAI.ORG you agree that you have read and will follow the Rules. MY.SCAI.ORG is a great medium in which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
While the Rules are noted in detail below, please note especially that to respect and protect applicable privacy rights, no one is to ever identify any patient by name in any discussion in MY.SCAI.ORG.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention.
- Don't promote, sell, or solicit products or services.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in communities and libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post only messages and documents relevant to the stated topic.
- SCAI reserves the right in its discretion to reject or delete any message or posting for any reason, and to exclude a member from MY.SCAI.ORG at any time.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Avoid polarizing topics such as guns, politics, and religion.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. (In rare cases where you believe an anonymous post is advisable, contact the MY.SCAI.ORG administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line.
- Send a message to the entire community only when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Use the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message to reply to an individual.
- To remove yourself from a community or enter a new email address, use the “Settings” function instead of making the request by posting in MY.SCAI.ORG.